Public Safety, A.S.
Department: Psychology, Sociology and Criminal Justice
Degree Information: Public Safety, A.S.
Prepare for a career in law enforcement and complete a certificate program in 11 weeks.
- Online classes. 17 credit hours of the Basic Law Enforcement is taught online through Middle Georgia State University. Candidates take the classes online from the regional academy location (no travel to campus required).
- Face to face classes. 16 credit hours of the Basic Law Enforcement (tactical and hands-on) is taught at a GPSTC training center or regional academy.
- A total of 33 credit hours is completed in 11 weeks to earn a Certificate in Public Safety.
- Up to 18 credits will transfer into the 2 year degree program (AS) in Public Safety at Middle Georgia State University
- All credits will transfer into the B.S. in Criminal Justice program at Middle Georgia State University.
Basic requirements for the program:
- Meet POST qualifications and be accepted by Georgia Public Safety Training Center (GPSTC) into the Basic Law Enforcement Program at one of the regional academies or be POST certified.
- Meet the Middle Georgia State University admission requirements for your program of choice (Certificate or 2 year degree).
- Laptop or tablet computer and broadband Internet connection.
A.S. Public Safety Curriculum Map