About the School of IT
The BS in Information Technology program is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
The mission of the School of Information Technology is to educate students in information technology
in ways that lead to fulfilling careers and enhance the economic vitality of Central Georgia. The
School prepares its graduates to solve problems and apply new technologies within an increasingly
interconnected and changing global environment. The School pursues this mission as an educational
leader in teaching excellence, scholarship, professional service, and community outreach.
The program provides students with knowledge in the core information technologies and
builds on that knowledge to create professionals who meet the business and economic needs
of Central Georgia. The program is designed to produce graduates with a diversified set of
skills, roles, and experiences including knowledge in Network/network administration,
information assurance, media design, and application development. These knowledge areas
will prepare our graduates for careers in a range of organizations, from small to large.
The courses in the program also emphasize critical thinking, problem solving, decision-making,
and interpersonal and communication skills. Career success through lifelong learning and professional
development is emphasized at all levels of the curriculum.
We anticipated that, a few years after graduation, our graduates will
- Assume productive roles in IT-related positions, such as network administrator, software developer, web master, systems analyst, information security officer, multimedia designer, and database administrator; and
- Pursue life-long learning enabling them to adapt and grow as organizational responsibilities change
Students outcomes are referred to knowledge, skills, and experiences students in the IT program are expected to have by the time they finish the program in order for them to achieve the program educational objectives.
The School of Information Technology’s Student Outcomes are as follows:
- Identify and apply current technical concepts in the core information technologies
- Define, analyze, and apply information system requirements in local and global environments
- Design, implement, and administer effective IT solutions based on user requirements
- Use appropriate project management methods in the creation of an effective IT project plan
- Describe and apply best practices and standards in IT applications
- Identify and apply IT methods used to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information and its delivery systems
- Identify and incorporate relevant ethical, legal, security, and social issues in a technology environment
- Work effectively in teams to develop IT based solutions
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Recognize the need for lifelong professional development
Enrollment & Graduation (BS in Information Technology Program)
|PROGRAM||Spring 2014 ENROLLMENT||FY14 DEGREES CONFERRED|
|Information Technology, B.S.||579||73|