New Mental Health services for studentsMake sure you receive text notifications about campus safety, weather events, and campus closures. - Update your contact infoBuilding a Legacy of Greatness campaign


Bursar's Office Holds

Students who need to take action due to certain Bursar's Office requirements may find that holds have been placed on their account. These requirements include, but are not limited to:

  • Failure to complete requested documentation required by MGA.
  • Failure to pay registration fees or other outstanding debts, such as housing, parking, or library fines.
  • Failure to claim a refund.
Below are common Bursar's Office holds and how to remove them.
     'RA' Holds - Registration Financial Agreement  

These holds are applied once a year as students are required to authorize the Student Financial Responsibility Agreement yearly. In order to remove this hold, a student must:

  1. Log into their SWORDS account (the Student Financial Responsibility Agreement will be the first thing to pop up)
  2. Review the agreement, click “Authorize” at the bottom, and then click “Submit”

The hold will be automatically removed approximately 10 minutes after authorization.

     'BO'/'BF' holds - Bursar's Office Holds

These holds are generally applied when students have a past due balance on their account. In order to remove this hold, a student can:

  1. Pay their account balance by following these steps. All payment options can be found here.
  2. Notify the Bursar's Office of payment or wait two business days for the hold to be updated. NOTE: Payments made via paper check or electronic check can take up to five business days to process and clear, therefore, holds will not be removed until the payment clears.

     BR Holds - Refunds

These holds are generally applied when an attempt to deliver a refund to a student is unsuccessful. In order to remove this hold, a student can:

  1. Set up a refund preference with BankMobile Disbursements, a technology solution, powered by BMTX, Inc(current students), or
  2. Contact the Bursar's Office for assistance in claiming pending refund.