Faculty/Staff Resources

Useful Links

Frequently Asked Questions

When should I complete a Student Infraction/Complaint Form?

Within 15 days of detecting a possible violation, you should complete either the online Academic Infraction Reporting Form or the Behavioral Infraction Reporting Form.  Once a Student Conduct Officer has reviewed the form, we will reach back out to determine appropriate charges and sanctions and develop appropriate next steps.

Why should I file a charge of academic misconduct against a student? Why can't I just impose a penalty on the student?

MGA has a policy related to academic misconduct. This policy is designed to protect the due process rights of the student, to protect you, and to protect the institution. When you chose to impose sanctions outside of policy guidelines, you are operating without the protection provided by the policy.

Regarding matters of Academic Misconduct, should I call the Office of Academic Affairs before I approach the student?

Contacting the Office of Student Affairs before approaching the student is a good idea because you need to know if the student has a prior history of misconduct. Meeting with students under these circumstances can be stressful for all parties involved and additional information will be of benefit to you.  However, it is not necessary as long as you have completed the online form first.

Why should I follow the student conduct policies?

These student conduct policies ensure that the due process rights of students are upheld. Consistent adherence to the policies by all MGA faculty and staff also ensure that all students are treated the same way every time, thereby reducing any appearance of unfairness or discrimination.