State Authorizations

The U.S. Department of Education requires compliance with state regulations of any state in which MGA provides distance education for students. To facilitate this compliance with state regulations MGA has joined the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (NC-SARA).

This agreement allows us to offer distance education to other member states. To find out if your state of residence is a member state before applying to a program with MGA, please visit the NC-SARA website.

For your convenience, there is a dedicated website to answer any questions you may have regarding the availability of a specific program in your state of residence. The website is

Potential Consequences of Changing State of Residence

When you are taking courses online, where you live—the place from which you access academic resources, your state of residence—matters. MGA must be authorized (or otherwise allowed) by your state to deliver your academic program to you. The paragraphs above explain where and how the University is authorized. Students who begin an online program while residing in a state in which MGA is authorized to offer online programs need to be aware that moving to a state in which the University is not authorized to offer the program may have negative consequences. While the University attempts to obtain authorization everywhere its students live, moving to a state in which the University is not authorized could result in the loss of eligibility for certain forms of financial aid and/or in the inability to complete the academic program.