Declare the Major

Students may declare the major at any time. Students may declare the major in the following ways:

  1. When applying to MGA, students may select social work (BSW) as their major on their application. Once accepted, the acceptance letter will state social work as the current major. Students will then attend an MGA new student orientation where program advisors will assist with the registration process.
  2. Current MGA students wishing to change to social work should first complete the student information section of the online change of major form. As a professional courtesy to the current program of study, the student should schedule a meeting with the current advisor to discuss the major change and to obtain the current advisor’s signature. The student should then schedule an appointment with a professional advisor in the Department of Teacher Education and Social Work, or the BSW Program Director, to complete and process the change of major form and to develop a plan of study.

You may reach out to:
Dr. Rebekah Hazlett-Knudsen, BSW Program Director,
Ms. Katie Gray, Professional Advisor, Macon Campus,
Ms. Sonja Rivers, Professional Advisor, Cochran Campus,